Our customers are wondering, "Why change your company
name?" I interviewed the owner of Ohio Connect to answer that
question for all our customers' benefit. Here's his
There are several reasons:
- I've had people ask us if we do business outside of Ohio.
Its a silly question. But I wonder, "If people contact us to
ask this question, are there people who don't even bother to call
and simply assume we don't?".
- I don't like the way "Ohio Connect" rolls off the tongue.
- We are doing a lot more in terms of marketing now, so I wanted
a name that represents more.
- Several years ago I acquired the domain name "amst.com" and
have been working on finding a company name to use around it, hence
"Alt Media STudios". Google loves short domain names, and
they are impossible to find nowadays. Plus this domain name
has been around for a while. So because of this, its going to
have long-term SEO benefits for us -- though we'll have a
short-term SEO loss more than likely since "ohioconnect.net" will
- "ALT" means a few different things. I've always liked the
concept of "height" -- being higher than others. That also
means a lot when you are talking about search engine
rankings. Plus "ALT" is an HTML tag which is used often in
So its really a lot of different things. We'll see how it
works out. There's a bit of fear in the change, but not
enough to stop us.